Saturday, September 20, 2008

My new best friend

Never thought I'd say this, but I just realized that baby showers are my new best friend.

You see, here's how it works...

1. Not only am I not required to attend, I'm not even invited.

2. Our friends and family - who are among the best any young couple could have - are going to bless us with all kinds of goodies to assist with the preparation for Baby Girl's arrival.

3. The wife is so excited about getting the goodies that she's given me a pass to do whatever I wish to do this weekend, as long as I stay out the way of her showers.

There's two showers, one each on Saturday and Sunday afternoons in the nearby cities of Richardson and Carrolton, respectively. Don't ask me who planned it that way, but that's the type of scheduling that would make a conference commissioner proud. No bye dates. Easy travel. Git'r done!

So, with basically a weekend to myself, on Saturday I'm heading to Wichita Falls to play golf with one of my best buddies, followed by plans to attend the local college football game that night. Unless, of course, the casino calls our name, the "19th Hole" won't release us from its grip, or an impromptu backyard barbecue suddenly breaks out. All of those things have been known to happen when visiting the Falls.

On Sunday, my Dad and Uncle are coming into town and we'll probably watch a little NFL football on the 61-inch HDTV. Or maybe we'll take a trip to PGA Superstore and wander the aisles in amazement. Either way, there's not a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon than hanging with Dad during football season.

And come Sunday night, to top it all off, I'll sit alongside the wife and sift through all the goodies she has collected while watching the Cowboys-Packers contest on NBC's Sunday Night Football. There's no better broadcast in all of football than Sunday Night Football with Al Michaels and John Madden in the booth.

Now, if the Cowboys can find a way to play on the same level that Al and John broadcast, it just might be the best weekend ever!

2 Comments:

At September 20, 2008 at 9:51 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Just don't spend the rest of our paychecks at the casino. Remember $40 max! You'll win if you go in with a small amount and stop at $100.

 
At September 22, 2008 at 9:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Too funny!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home