Favorite quotes
From the car-selling and car-buying process just a few days ago...
1. Upon asking the sales manager why he'd priced the wheel locks at $295 and the cargo tray at $295 when the Honda.com website lists MSRP as $81 and $84, respectively... "We've just got to make money somewhere." Right. I'd say $210 more than suggested retail price should help.
2. My cell phone rings to start this whole process, I answer and get this... "Hola, what is least price you take?" Talk about skipping the small talk. None of this "Hi, my name is..." business! Not even a "the reason I'm calling is..."! I need to know your best price, and I need to know it now.
3. In the driveway negotiating with Senor Salomon... "You take $4,300?" No, I want $5,000. "How about $4,420?" Okay, $4,420? Really? Do you tell yourself 'I'm going to start at $4,300 and then up it to $4,420?' Seriously. And what part of $4,420 did you think would make a difference when I just rejected $4,300 and confirmed that I wanted $5,000? Then again, who in his right mind counters with $4,500 and flower bed maintenance?!
4. Upon visiting a GMC dealership to test drive an Acadia, I asked the young salesman how long he'd been working at this dealership. "Almost six months. But I used to work at a Volkswagon dealer in Irving. I just couldn't make any money over there." Wonder why? Couldn't be that you've mistakenly assumed the customer's number one priority in this whole deal was for you to make money? Smooth. And I'm just dying to do business with you now because apparently you are making money at this one!
5. Once we agreed on a final price for our Pilot, the sales manager sent a note with our salesman that read, "Okay, you win." Nice touch. If only I believed him!

1 Comments:
My favorite was when our salesman said to you, "It just depends on how badly you want the crome package." You said, "No, it depends on how badly YOU want the crome package."
Post a Comment
<< Home