Getting my fix
Okay, so I'm kinda digging this whole blog thing. After studying Journalism in college, I decided to pursue a career in sports information. Media relations for college athletics, that is. For three years on campus and the first 10 years of my professional career, I wrote and wrote and wrote some more.
About two years ago, I moved away from my role as a writer and became more of an administrator. While I still communicate daily through writing, most of the creative writing opportunities are long gone. Instead I'm usually communicating over the phone and find myself mostly busy with less intriguing tasks, such as minding the budget or planning a meeting.
I've watched my wife post to her blog for a few months now, outwardly sharing my skepticism about making such personal posts and all the 'blog-stalking' that comes with it. But there's also been a secret side of me that appreciates the opportunity to take ownership of a blog, to be creative, and to tell a story or two.
So here I am, getting my fill of writing. I don't plan to write about every little thing that happens in my life. Don't know that everything I write will be all that pertinent, or even entertaining. My hope is simply that I'll find time to write. And find that I still enjoy doing it.
So far, so good.

1 Comments:
I knew it! I knew that you wanted to blog all along!! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home