Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Back at it

Sorry about the lapse in posting, but I've had a busy few days.

On Friday night, I started a three-day run of assembling baby furniture. Put together a cradle then applied the first coat of paint on a dresser that first night. On Saturday, I assembled a crib and knocked out the second coat of paint for the dresser. Sunday saw me affix new drawer knobs -- only after three trips to Home Depot to finally get the right fit -- to finish off the dresser, topped off with a new car seat purchase.

On Monday, I traveled to Indianapolis for work, returning home tonight after a half-day meeting. Indy is not the most attractive of destinations, but I actually enjoy the convenience of the downtown area and it's an easy trip with a 2-hour flight and a traveler-friendly airport.

So I'm back home tonight, and looking forward to starting child-birth education classes tomorrow night. The wife and I will attend those sessions each of the next three Wednesdays. Plus this Saturday morning, I'm set for a 3-hour crash course on being a dad: Daddy Boot Camp.

Yes, the baby will be here soon. The wife will be 30 weeks along tomorrow. I am SO looking forward to holding that baby girl, and we're close enough now the reality of that happening is beginning to sink in. Awesome.

1 Comments:

At September 11, 2008 at 2:01 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Glad you are back home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home