Saturday, September 13, 2008

Stormy day

As I watch the final minutes of USC's dismissal of Ohio State from the ranks of college football's elite, I can't help but wonder... What was the biggest storm of the day? Was it:

a) Hurricane Ike, which wreaked havoc on the Texas coast early this morning before making its way in the DFW area by mid-day. The local television stations have been showing footage of storm damage in Galveston and all around Houston, and it appears to be quite extensive. We've had rain off and on since just before lunch, with some extended spurts of wind and rain all evening. Luckily, no signs of flooding or wind damage here in Frisco.

b) The Oklahoma Sooners, who absolutely dominated Washington in building a 34-0 halftime lead. Their balanced offense and lightning quick defense might be the best that college football has to offer this year. OU is really good. As a Sooner fan, I can only hope they continue to show it.

c) The USC Trojans, probably the only team that looks as good or better than OU at this point. I suspected that Ohio State might be in for a beat-down tonight, but USC always makes it look much more demoralizing than my imagination allows me to envision beforehand. USC is really good. And the worst part is they know it.

At the end of the day, all three of the aforementioned forces were incredibly overpowering on Saturday. Hopefully the good folks in South Texas will recover. I'm not sure the college football world will be so lucky.

1 Comments:

At September 14, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Blogger Jill said...

You = crazy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home