Farewell to Yankee Stadium
If you've seen the movie "Bucket List," then you can understand the sense of accomplishment I felt after visiting Yankee Stadium last summer. The Yankees played their final game in the historic ballpark on Sunday night, so I'm glad the wife and I were able to see two games there. That's one more item crossed off my bucket list!
In reading all the coverage about Sunday's final game, I decided to post a few photos of my first and only visit to Yankee Stadium. Enjoy!
First up is a shot that captures my favorite moment at the ballpark. The area surrounding Yankee Stadium is dirty and dingy. And really, that continues into the concourse area of the stadium. The concourse is basically a dark and narrow concrete hallway with very few opportunties to see the field. Words can't describe leaving the darkness of that hallway and getting your first glimpse of the field.
Here's another shot that was taken atop that ramp. Notice the Rangers gear. Had to support the hometown team, even in the Bronx.
This is what the new Yankee Stadium looked like during our visit, which was August 2007.
This is the view from our seats on the second day. Eleven rows up, right behind the Yankees dugout. If I recall correctly, these seats were selling for $360 each at the gate, if available. We got them at a heavily discounted price from a friend whose family has had these seats for years.



2 Comments:
The last picture reminds me of the girl that sat in front of us. Remember? She ate 6 hot dogs, one thing of nachos, some chips, 3-4 beers, a couple of cokes.....and I don't think I'm exaggerating.
That's right. And you're not exaggerating! That was so strange!
Post a Comment
<< Home