Saturday, February 07, 2009

Blah-g

Sorry for the lapse in coverage. Seems I've been traveling so much with work that I haven't had time to think about what to write, much less time to write.

The new year is about 37 days old at this point, and already I've traveled to five different states plus the District of Columbia. I'm headed out again in the morning, going to Weatherford, Okla., of all places.

Here's a sampling of the destinations I've visited in the first 37 days of 2009:

* Fairfield, Texas
* Greenville, Texas
* Washington, D.C.
* Indianapolis, Ind.
* Commerce, Texas
* Bartlesville, Okla.
* Edmond, Okla.

Here's where I'm headed over the next 37 days:

* Weatherford, Okla.
* Wichita Falls, Texas
* Durant, Okla.
* Bartlesville, Okla.
* Tahlequah, Okla.
* San Angelo, Texas
* Canyon, Texas

And I'll leave you with this... have you ever flown to familiar destination, only to get off the plane and be completely lost? Well, that's what happened when I flew to Indianapolis in late January.

I travel to Indy all the time because the NCAA headquarters is located there. I know the airport well... or so I thought. This time, everything was different. It was if I'd landed in a terminal that I'd never before seen.

How could this be? I was just there in September and didn't notice anything different then. I honestly thought for a moment that perhaps I'd been on the wrong plane. Then I saw a big sign reading "Welcome to Indianapolis" and I felt a little better.

Seems they opened a brand new airport in November. Funny thing was - when I showed up to my meetings the next day - most of my fellow committee members reported having the same experience.

1 Comments:

At February 9, 2009 at 5:49 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Abby and I have felt every mile you've traveled. We like it much better when you are home. We love you!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home