Wednesday, February 25, 2009

As Willie says...

On the road again... just can't wait to get on the road again...

I've been known to do some traveling throughout my career, but last week was about as rugged as it gets. I left Tuesday for Bartlesville, Okla., which is nearly 300 miles north of Dallas. On Wednesday, I trekked over to Tahlequah, Okla., about 115 miles to the east. On Thursday, I returned to Dallas, some 265 miles southward. On Friday, I was off to San Angelo, Texas, roughly 275 miles to the southwest. On Saturday, I continued on to Canyon, Texas, driving another 300 miles or so northwest. And finally, later Saturday I returned to Dallas, finishing the nearly 400-mile final leg of my trip around 5:00 AM on Sunday.

I should have kept track of all the different things I saw on the trip. In the leg between San Angelo and Canyon alone, there were in the neighborhood of five dozen dead deer. Plus at least a thousand fancy windmills, three roadrunners and one llama.

Here's a few random photos I took along the way:

My first trip to Lamesa, so I had to get a shot of the water tower for whatever reason.

Lots of cotton being harvested in west Texas.
Also lots of fancy windmills. Supposedly these bad boys cost around $1.3 million to install and $50,000 annually to maintain.

Me and Uncle Frank in Bartlesville. Frank Phillips, the founder of Phillips Petroleum Company. Like I said, these are random shots.

1 Comments:

At February 25, 2009 at 4:03 PM, Blogger Harriett said...

Uncle Bill would be proud of you and Uncle Frank!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home