Monday, October 20, 2008

My pride and joy

So I know you like to read blogs. Like me, you may not always leave comments, but you read other people's blogs. And that tells me you get annoyed when others don't update their blogs for prolonged periods of time.

Case in point: This blog hasn't been regularly updated since Friday, October 10. Why is that, you ask? Boy, have I got a slew of excuses for you!!

First off, my Sooners stunk it up against Texas on October 11, which sent me into a blogging funk. What possibly could there be to talk about now?

Secondly, I took a business trip to Colorado Springs, so I was either tied up in meetings or busy touring the mining town of Cripple Creek from Monday through Thursday. Further, I left the laptop behind so the wife wouldn't be bored while on bed rest at home.

Third, the wife was hospitalized on Tuesday of last week. Her bed rest at home wasn't sufficient, so they decided it was best to keep her in the hospital until delivery. What a blessing that decision turned out to be. Initially, the plan was to keep her for three weeks and then induce her on November 5, which was to be two weeks ahead of our November 19 due date.

Well, the baby had other plans!

Welcome to the world, sweet little Abby Jewel. Pictured above is my brand new daughter, born at 12:10 AM on Sunday, October 19. She weighed in at 5 pounds and 4 ounces while measuring 19 inches long.

Her arrival might keep me from blogging regularly these next few days, but something tells me she is going to be the reason I continue to blog going forward.

1 Comments:

At October 21, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Blogger Dave-O said...

I love the "Brand New Daughter" description.
What a precious little baby. Her uncle must be sooo proud!!
Congrats once again!

~David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home