Friday, October 10, 2008

Game on!

It's that time again. OU-Texas has invaded the Metroplex.

You gotta love a good ol' college football rivalry.

I've listened to the OU fight song no less than 187 times today. Not a record by any means, but still a good start to the weekend.

On the way home from work this evening, I successfully gave the 'horns down' sign to every car I saw with a UT bumper sticker. Actually, I about caused one lady to wreck. She must have thought I was telling her to move over, because she immediately swerved to the left. I looked into my side mirror in time to see her husband let out a chuckle, realizing what it was that I'd done.

Greatness.

And a sure-fire sign that it's a rivalry: I wouldn't have felt bad in the least if she'd wrecked!

Boomer Sooner!

4 Comments:

At October 11, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Blogger Taylor said...

You are a cruel, cruel man, Stan. Hook 'em Horns!

 
At October 11, 2008 at 9:05 PM, Blogger Jessica and Matt said...

Hook 'em Sooners! Shoot 'em up riverfest. I guess you're in mourning now. Maybe I'll send flowers.

 
At October 14, 2008 at 8:53 PM, Blogger Niki said...

Caleb says - Hook em horns! Actually, he pretty much slept through the game. He's a tough crowd. But Rick was on the edge of his seat the whole time.

Can't wait to meet the little girl!

 
At October 14, 2008 at 8:53 PM, Blogger Niki said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home