Sunday, April 26, 2009

Prayers needed

Hey there. I'm not one to normally ask for prayers, but you'll have to bear with me this time.

About 10 days ago, I found out that a childhood friend and high school baseball teammate of mine had received terrible news. His 7-year-old daughter has been diagnosed with leukemia. Fortunately, it's the most common and hopefully curable kind of leukemia, type ALL. Still, these next couple of days, months and years will be a challenge.

I first met Jason in Kindergarten, when his mom was my teacher. He actually attended a different elementary school that year, but he'd be watching TV in our classroom when I arrived before he left for his own school. Not long after that, we started playing little league baseball together and remained teammates every year through high school.

Jason's a tough guy, but really it seems that he's had no other choice. His life has had plenty of challenges. His parents were divorced all the time I knew him. Then his mom suffered an aneurism during our senior year and passed away the week of our first baseball game. And now this.

I know God is in control, and I'm certain Jason will seek Him for comfort. Still, I know he and his family could use your prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home