The dude is from Clovis?
So I was checking out the top news on Yahoo! this evening and noticed that Kendra Wilkinson - the Playboy model made famous in television's "The Girls Next Door" - is getting married. And not to Hugh Hefner.
Hold up... let me explain one minor thing before we go on. The only reason I know about Kendra Wilkinson is because the wife DVR's every stinkin' episode of "The Girls Next Door." That's right, it's the wife's fault.
Okay, now that I've cleared that up... So I figured Kendra probably wouldn't get married to Hef. That guy was born in 1926, and she's still three years shy of actually being 26.
Turns out the lucky man is Hank Baskett.
Hank who?
Well, at first glance it makes sense because the guy is an NFL wide receiver. He's not the most well-known, mind you, but he plays for the Philadelphia Eagles.
Curious to know a little more about ol' Hank, I went to Wikipedia.org - like any reporter worth his wage - to see what he looked like, where he grew up, played college ball, etc.
Whoa! This dude is from Clovis, New Mexico?!
How is it that one of the most famous Playboy models of this generation - fresh out of a four-year 'relationship' with Mr. Hefner himself - is planning a lavish June wedding ceremony at the Playboy mansion with a dude from Clovis, New Mexico?!
Clovis is, well, Clovis. If you're ever out Amarillo way, drive two hours west to the edge of the Earth. Take a right-hand turn and you'll be in Clovis. Don't pack a bag, because you won't want to stay long. It's a military base town of about 32,000 people, 13 trees and a whole bunch of nothing else.
I've spent time in Clovis. Even rode a fiberglass horse, mounted on a feed-store sign about 12-feet above the ground during 10-degree weather on my 25th birthday. But that's an entirely different story.
The point is I've been to Clovis many times and never saw anything I'd want to keep.
I sure wouldn't think a sleek, little blonde living in L.A.'s fast lane would find a keeper there, but I guess anything can happen after four years of dating an 82-year-old!!

2 Comments:
Where have I been??? I can't believe you found out about this before I did. I guess that's what happens when your schedule consists of feedings and poopings....you have to rely on your husband to get you the latest scoop.
If I EVER posted a Playboy girl on my blog methinks the wife would not be too happy about it. Good on ya Stan.
Post a Comment
<< Home